What to provide and arrange
You will need to provide:
- A written application clearly stating:
- the name and activities of the organisation that is mounting the film festival or film event, as well as any information relating to its history and reputation in relation to the screening of films
- the name and purpose of the film festival or event
- the conditions as to admission of persons to the screenings
- the dates over which the film festival or event will run
- the venue(s) at which it will take place
- contact details, including postal address, fax number, email address and daytime phone number, and
- an adequate synopsis of each of the unclassified films in the festival or event, including the film length and name of the director and producer
Please arrange and confirm all screenings before sending your application so you can provide us the details of all dates and venues in a single application.
Your application cannot be processed until all the items above have been provided.
You need to provide an adequate synopsis for each unclassified film you wish to exhibit. A synopsis is a summary of the plot of the film from the beginning to the end, outlining all major events in the film. The synopsis should be supplied in English. A publicity or marketing synopsis that might be used to promote the film in a program or media release is not suitable as it is used to entice an audience and is often exaggerated and incomplete.
As your application requires the Director of the Classification Board to make a decision without viewing the film, an inadequate synopsis is not acceptable, and may result in your application being refused.
You must also clearly demonstrate the levels of any classifiable elements (themes, violence, sex, nudity, coarse language and/or drug use) in the film with reference to the Guidelines for the Classification of Films.
An example of the format required is shown below:
Film Title -
Director's Name -
Producer's Name -
Summary of plot and thorough explanation of the film’s content.
Detailed description of these elements within the film
This film contains classifiable elements approximately corresponding to the G / PG / M / MA 15+ / R 18+ (choose one) classification
This film does not exceed any of the classifiable elements corresponding to the G / PG / M / MA 15+ / R 18+ (choose one) classification